20 Inbound Marketing Stats You Can’t Afford to Ignore
“If you have more money than brains, you should focus on outbound marketing. If you have more brains than money, you should focus on inbound marketing.”
Those are the words of Guy Kawasaki, executive fellow at the Haas School of Business, former chief evangelist at Apple, and author of 13 books. It’s safe to assume he knows a thing or two about marketing. And his words shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise to the seasoned marketers amongst you.
Inbound marketing is on the rise and it’s here to stay. The modern consumer is unresponsive to the traditional ‘shove ads in people’s faces’ approach to marketing. In fact, as we will soon demonstrate, they hate it.
Today’s consumers are self-sufficient and educated, choosing to research brands and products themselves before making a purchase. They’re in control of the information they consume, so marketing that engages consumers by appealing to their interest is far more effective.
This will probably make a lot of sense. But incase you still needs convincing, we’ve compiled 20 compelling statistics that you need to know about inbound marketing.
20 Inbound Marketing Stats You Can’t Afford to Ignore:
1. Inbound tactics generate 54% more leads than traditional outbound marketing. (HubSpot) [Click to Tweet]
2. Inbound marketing costs 62% less per lead than traditional outbound marketing. (HubSpot) [Click to Tweet]
3. The average company saves £12,000 per year by investing more in inbound vs outbound. (HubSpot) [Click to Tweet]
4. 86% of people skip television ads. (Marketing Sherpa) [Click to Tweet]
5. 44% of online shoppers begin by using a search engine. (Interconnected World) [Click to Tweet]
6. 80% of people ignore Google-sponsored ads. (Search Engine Land) [Click to Tweet]
7. SEO leads have a 7x higher lead to close rate than outbound leads. (Search Engine Journal) [Click to Tweet]
8. Marketers who have prioritised blogging are 13x more likely to enjoy positive ROI. (HubSpot) [Click to Tweet]
9. 46% of people read blogs more than once a day. (HubSpot) [Click to Tweet]
10. 80% of business decision-makers prefer to get company information in a series of articles rather than an advertisement. (Content Marketing Institute) [Click to Tweet]
11. B2B marketers that use blogs generate 67% more leads than those that do not. (HubSpot) [Click to Tweet]
12. 77% of buyers are more likely to buy from a company if its CEO uses social media. (War of Words) [Click to Tweet]
13. Social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing. (Hubspot) [Click to Tweet]
14. Content marketing produces 3 times more leads per dollar. (Kapost) [Click to Tweet]
15. Display ads have an average click-through rate of 0.1%. (Smart Insights) [Click to Tweet]
16. Five out of six millennials connect with companies on social media networks. (SDL) [Click to Tweet]
17. Only 1% of millennials say a compelling advertisement would make them trust a brand more. (Elite Daily) [Click to Tweet]
18. 33% of millennials selected blogs as their top media source. (Elite Daily) [Click to Tweet]
19. Fewer than 3% of millennials say traditional media influences their purchasing decisions. (Millennial Branding) [Click to Tweet]
20. 62% of millennials say that if a brand engages with them on social networks, they are more likely to become a loyal customer. (Millennial Branding) [Click to Tweet]